RE: Convert CDR to AI on Mac?

Subject: RE: Convert CDR to AI on Mac?
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <ehodgins -at- telusplanet -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 17:26:57 -0400

> Subject: Re: Convert CDR to AI on Mac?
> From: ehodgins -at- telusplanet -dot- net
> To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 15:01:54 -0600
>
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 13:26 -0700, Chris Morton wrote:
> > Anyone have an almost immediate sure-fire way to convert a CDR to AI on a
> > Mac?
> >
> > Downloading a tool is fine as long as it's open-source or trial ware.
>

> This might help: http://www.xnview.com/en/xnview.html

This appears to be a tool for raster images, not vector drawings. The table of supported formats specifies "(Preview)" on the line for Corel Draw, which says to me that it's only dealing with the low-res raster preview image rather than the underlying vector objects. And on the receiving side, Adobe Illustrator is a pretty poor choice for editing raster images.

-Fred Ridder

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.