Re: My website saga - part 2

Subject: Re: My website saga - part 2
From: Ed <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Traci Pearson <pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 18:45:01 -0400

The best advice I can offer is to never have the hosting and
registration with one vendor.

GoDaddy is ok for registration, but I would not use them for hosting.

I've been able to get sites up in very short interval. I have to admit
that it gets easier with each one you do, and depends on the host and
registrar.

Since moving all my domains to GoDaddy, and all of my hosting to
HostGator, I've had 0 problems. In the past everything was a problem.

Ed

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM, Traci
Pearson<pearsontechcomm -at- comcast -dot- net> wrote:
> Hi all!
> It took two and a half weeks more, but I finally
> got my domain name transferred from WhoIs.com to
> GoDaddy.com. My website still isn't up and
> running, but that's because of me. And I'll still
> be looking to GoDaddy for some help on some
> things, but I think it'll run smoothly.
>
> WhoIs was painfully slow in responding to online
> queries, which is the only way to contact them.
> Their interface is non-intuitive, and their FAQs
> not only don't match their interface but only are
> for people want to use WhoIs.com, not transfer away.
>
> GoDaddy's online help isn't much better, and
> their interface is also non-intuitive and too
> busy...confusing. So I've had to resort to
> calling them for help. The first customer service
> person I talked to was wonderful! The second was
> lousy, and had me seriously reconsidering my
> decision to go with GoDaddy. Luckily the third
> and fourth were fine. Let's hope that's the norm.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.