RE: Session session session...

Subject: RE: Session session session...
From: "Handy, David" <dhandy -at- Informatica -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 11:19:12 +0100

While saying ditto to this - cereris paribus, if it's a session, call it
a session - I'd like to draw a tangent here concerning the pros and cons
of repetitive text, and the instinct to find different ways to say the
same thing.

It took me years to dispatch that instinct, but now it's finally dead,
and (professionally at least) I don't miss it. It looks terrible to most
humans if you use the same phraseology over and over, but what you gain
is technical clarity. Yes, you're running a session here. And a session
here. And a session here. And a session here...

I haven't seen the text in question of course. If it's genuinely hard or
confusing to read (or too awful to write), how about creating a
bulletized list or a table that describes all the darn sessions that
might run?

HTH,
David