Re: My URL being used?!

Subject: Re: My URL being used?!
From: David Castro <thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 21:00:23 -0400

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 8:36 PM, Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> According to goddaddy.com, that URL is owned by Tracy Pearson. I think
> that what happens is, the register agency fills the page as a placeholder. I
> have a couple of domains registered, too. I also have not yet put up a
> useful site, and when I look at my URLs I see the same kind of thing, a page
> full of links that are not of my making. I think you don't really have a
> worry. I looked at your site, and it looks to me to be just placeholding
> stuff. If going to your URL took you to an actual web site where someone
> else was trying to sell jewelry, then you'd have a worry. I believe once you
> put an actual web site on a server and link the URL, you should be fine.
>
> Actually, while it's surely legal for the domain registrar to do this, it
isn't necessarily "harmless." Your site is being scanned by search engines
while it has this placeholder content. If the placeholder content is spammy,
then your site is going to have a hard time getting good search engine
rankings once you do have content on the site. I would recommend putting in
a blank .htm file so that you aren't degrading the SEO of your site before
you even start working with it.

David Castro
thejavaguy -at- gmail -dot- com

http://www.doctohelp.com