RE: Getting nicely formatted lists in RoboHelp HTML (FlashHelp) output

Subject: RE: Getting nicely formatted lists in RoboHelp HTML (FlashHelp) output
From: "Ed" <hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 16:18:07 -0400

I generally find it to be the other way around - Firefox looks as it's
supposed to, and completely different in IE. J

That code should be fine, cross-browser. What, exactly, doesn't look "right"
in FF?

We may be better off taking this off-list at this point, since we're getting
into individual problems.

-=Ed.

From: techwr-l-bounces+hamonwry12=hotmail -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
[mailto:techwr-l-bounces+hamonwry12=hotmail -dot- com -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com] On

Behalf

Of Deborah Hemstreet
Sent: Tuesday, June 02, 2009 2:19 PM
To: TECHWR-L

output

Hi All.

I had asked before, but did not get an answer, apparently because the
formatting was stripped from the email, so I will try one more time?

I need to get nicely formatted lists in HTML help. In typical technical
communication, we have steps substeps, and possibly bulleted lists
nested underneath, or one line of unbulleted text.

I know how to do this using styles in MS Word - but am now working in
native HTML in RoboHelp (V7).

I have played with the stylesheet and cannot seem to find what it is I
need to do for the following:

1. Get the substeps (a, b, c,) etc indented UNDER the first level number
(nested).

2. Get the indents aligned neatly under the numbering

3. Same for bullets etc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have searched and
searched, and don't seem to know the correct search term to find what I
need.

Deborah

http://www.tech-challenged.com

http://www.doctohelp.com

once, publish to 8 formats. Multi-user authoring and version control!
http://www.helpandmanual.com/

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as hamonwry12 -at- hotmail -dot- com -dot-

or visit http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-
l/hamonwry12%40hotmail.com

http://www.doctohelp.com