Re: Tech Writing for Social Networks (Twitter, Facebook,

Subject: Re: Tech Writing for Social Networks (Twitter, Facebook,
From: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 09:13:06 -0400

Thanks all! I've found a great deal of help, with your posts as my
starting point.

I think Bill summed it up well, saying that the point is not to provide,
but to engage. I've been researching this for days now and found this
great post on Content Wrangler that supports Bill's point:

http://www.thecontentwrangler.com/article/convergence_technical_communic
ation_strategies_for_incorporating_web_20/

The author, Nicky Bleiel, provides a list of truths and myths. Truth 1:
Users want to join the conversation.

That simple sentence changed my perspective, as I was caught up trying
to figure out how to fit social networks into my process. (Square peg,
round hole...) Yes, we can certainly post notifications that formal docs
have been updated, but now I see the potential for much greater
reach...and hopefully, impact.

Patty B.

http://www.doctohelp.com