RE: FrameMaker Spell-Checker Glitch?

Subject: RE: FrameMaker Spell-Checker Glitch?
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <kevin -dot- ryan -at- ssivt -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 12:31:48 -0400

Two suggestions, Kevin:

First, check the language definition for the funky paragraph(s). If the language is set to None, FrameMaker cannot spell check because is has no dictionary connected to the None language. (This is actually a useful trick for suppressing spell checking of things like code examples.)

Second, FrameMaker's normal spell-check behavior is to only check spelling in paragraphs that have been edited or changed in some way since the last time the paragraph was spell-checked. When the paragraph has been checked successfully (every questioned word either added to the user dictionary or added to the "allow in document" list), FrameMaker sets a flag that tells it to not waste time rechecking the paragraph in the next spell check. If you make any edit in the paragraph, you clear the flag and allow it to be rechecked. Or, from the Spelling Checker dialog you can click the Dictionaries button and choose the "Mark All Paragraphs for Rechecking" option. You might also have to check the user dictionary to make sure that the misspelled words were not added to it, in which case the re-check still wouldn't see them as wrong.

-Fred Ridder

http://www.doctohelp.com