RE: Question about price quotes and time estimates

Subject: RE: Question about price quotes and time estimates
From: "Connie Giordano" <connie -at- therightwordz -dot- com>
To: <dvora -at- tech-challenged -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 17:05:38 -0400

Deborah,

One alternate way to do this is to quote a per page rate, rather than an
hourly rate. I will do this when I don't have a good feel for how much
written content they really need, if they're expecting visuals, or if they
need well-researched and tested links. This allows a little more leeway in
trying to figure out a timeframe for the research, testing, rewrite work you
probably do on your own, in addition to the 10 minutes it might take to
actually write the copy.

I'll quote an even higher per-page rate when they don't know how much or
exactly what they need, but are working under the assumption that you'll do
good work for those crazy, low-balled seo-optimized article rates. I'll
also give them either one or two revisions, and then anything else is billed
at the hourly rate.

Regards,

Connie P. Giordano
The Right Words, LLC
Communications & Information Design

http://www.therightwords.com
http://www.cowbellchallenge.org
http://www.uscup.net
connie -at- therightwords -dot- com

(704) 540-9985 (office)
(704) 957-8450 (mobile)

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney