RE: telecommute

Subject: RE: telecommute
From: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>
To: "Latella, Vincent" <VINCENT -dot- LATELLA -at- saic -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 08:57:55 -0400

Vincent asked how I made a business case for telecommuting. Here's what
I did, in no particular order.

I made sure others were already successfully doing it in our company.
They are.

I chose Wednesday. If I picked Monday or Friday, some would think I was
slacking off, even though I wasn't.

I proposed telecommuting to my supervisor only after I had been there
for over a year and had successfully turned in projects on time and all
that. I established a good track record.

I promised to make myself available immediately on my telecommuting day
should any hot potatoes fall into our collective lap.

I promised to stop telecommuting should my supervisor believe I was
slacking off, or should he believe my progress was slowing down while I
was working from home.

That's about it. I tried to a persuasive enough argument that he had
every reason to say yes, and he did.

-- Craig

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email,
do not read, distribute or reproduce this transmission (including any attachments). If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender by telephone or email reply.

http://www.doctohelp.com