Thanks: Review Process for documents in HTML?

Subject: Thanks: Review Process for documents in HTML?
From: "Beierle, Cecily" <cbeierle -at- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 15:00:33 -0500

Thanks to the following for your replies and thoughtful discussion:

Geoff Hart: Yes, our content reviewers do not have FrameMaker. We are asking
the analysts to check the content for technical accuracy. Thank you for your
tip to save the HTML content into Word, to use the revision tracking tool.
We'll keep those instructions and try them out!

Scott (Quills): Thanks for the suggestion to use the same PDF to route to the
reviewers (so they can see each other comments). Currently, we send the
original out, and receive the comments on our end, and the others don't see
each others comments, unless we take an extra step.

And, the discussion about reviews between Geoff and Scott was interesting.

Also, thanks to Joseph Lorenzini, who emailed off list, suggesting the latest
Techcom suite from Adobe. I've read the information about it and the upgrade
sounds promising. We are currently using WebWorks Enterprise to convert our
HTML.

One of the ideas we have tried is to produce the HTML and the PDF, and send
both the comment-enabled PDF and a link to the HTML to the content reviewers,
so they can see both the forest and the trees.

Cecily Beierle

Technical Writer

IT Customer Care

TCF National Bank

Minneapolis, Minnesota

cbeierle -at- tcfbank -dot- com <mailto:cbeierle -at- tcfbank -dot- com>

____________________________

Email Disclaimer

Information contained in this e-mail transmission is the property of TCF and
is intended for the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
do not read, distribute, or reproduce this transmission. If you have
received this e-mail transmission in error, please contact the sender.

Disclaimer Regarding Uniform Electronic Transmissions Act (UETA) and Federal
E-Sign (E-SIGN) Law: This communication is for discussion purposes only, and
it does not create a contract or legally binding agreement. The UETA and
E-SIGN do not apply to this communication. We only contract with manually
affixed original signatures on the original paper contracts.

http://www.doctohelp.com