RE: Manuals for household products (was RE: that vs who)

Subject: RE: Manuals for household products (was RE: that vs who)
From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 13:08:35 -0700

Yeah, I debated whether or not to call my example technical writing. I compromised by using quotes.

Clearly, much of what is intended for the general public has been written by feuding teams of drunken hacks. And even if you consider that some documents have been translated from another language, so little care has been taken that you have to assume that a hack was involved somewhere in the chain of possession.

-BH

-----Original Message----- From: Downing, David

From: <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
... when you consider what passes for "technical writing"
in the areas that most of the population is exposed to: Instructions for the care and feeding of household products and appliances.

Yeah who writes those manuals anyway. Do they bother bringing in technical writers or do they just draft someone in the company?

David Downing

http://www.doctohelp.com