Re: more on email strangeness

Subject: Re: more on email strangeness
From: Mike Starr <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: Jay Maechtlen <techwriter -at- covad -dot- net>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 11:01:48 -0500

Thunderbird is designed to truncate the original message text when it encounters a standard signature delimiter (--) at the beginning of a paragraph.

That does happen when I reply to a message from a digest version of other lists I belong to. That's very frustrating for me because I might want to reply to the 15th message out of a 25-message digest and Thunderbird truncates the original message text at perhaps message two so I have to go to the original and copy the desired message manually to insert it below my sig. I am, however, too lazy to turn it into a properly quoted message by inserting > characters at the beginning of each line.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

http://www.doctohelp.com