RE: Consequences of not following the procedures...

Subject: RE: Consequences of not following the procedures...
From: "Downing, David" <david -dot- downing -at- fiserv -dot- com>
To: "Victoria Wroblewski" <victoria -dot- wroblewski -at- eagletest -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:19:03 -0600

This raises a whole other issue -- that of the warning signal that's set to go off too easily, so that the user ends up disregarding it.

And I confess, I've been known to think I knew more than whoever wrote the instructions myself -- but that's usually when doing something relatively harmless, like microwaving a frozen entrée.

In both cases, I would say that if you're dealing with a life-and-death matter, it's a whole other story.

And yes, my understanding is that in the military, you follow order without question, even if you think they make no sense. (A former girlfriend of mine told me she thought I'd be court martialed the first day.)

David Downing
Senior Technical Writer
Credit Union Solutions
Fiserv