Have run across Fraudster in banking documents

Subject: Have run across Fraudster in banking documents
From: Susan Tamaoki <tamaoki_s -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 10:25:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi - I rarely post, but wanted to add my 2 cents to this discussion about fraudster. I first ran across the word fraudster when working on a contract basis for a bank. The term seemed weird to me and my first impulse was to change it to something more familiar, but I left it as is after I did a little research. It's not a word I would use every day, but it is a real word and would be understood by the intended audience and it made sense in context. If the document was for the general public, I'd suggest changing fraudster to something else.

Like the original poster, I don't like made-up words. I recently heard someone wanting to flier the neighborhood to look for lost pet. That use of flier makes me cringe.

In my current position, I jump from one field to another and so run into new words and jargon all the time. I like to think that most of the time I can spot a made up word. Thank goodness for the Internet and its online dictionaries.

Susan Tamaoki
tamaoki_s -at- yahoo -dot- com

http://www.doctohelp.com