RE: Creating a TOC on the backside of the Cover

Subject: RE: Creating a TOC on the backside of the Cover
From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>
To: "Bruce Megan \(ST-CO/ENG2.2\)" <Megan -dot- Bruce -at- us -dot- bosch -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 08:08:12 -0700

Bruce Megan wrote:

> I am using Frame 7 on Win XP.
> What I am trying to do is make a field guide, where the table of
> contents is on the opposite side of the cover. So, when the guide is
> open, the TOC appears on the left-side page and the beginning of the
> document is on the right side.

I assume that you're using a book file and that the issue isn't setting
up and generating a TOC file -- that it's just the pagination that's
giving you a problem.

Most likely, the title page file that precedes the TOC in your book
insists on being two pages long. Assuming there's no content on the
second page (the end-of-flow marker is on the first page), this is
because either the title page file is set to Make Page Count Even, or
the TOC file is set to start on a right-hand page, or both. It's easily
fixed.

In the book window, right-click the title page file and select
Pagination. In the Pagination dialog, set Before Saving & Printing to
Delete Empty Pages and click Set. Then right-click the TOC file and
select Pagination. the Pagination dialog, set 1st Page Side to Next
Available or Left (as long as the title file remains one page, they'll
both accomplish the same thing) and click Set. Update the book, and
you're done.

Richard

Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer