Re: Does grant writing fall under technical writing?

Subject: Re: Does grant writing fall under technical writing?
From: info -at- ridgeviewmedia -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:38:53 -0700 (MST)

Pat Egan gave great advice, and there is a way for you to gain access to
The Foundation Center's database.

In my previous e-mail message on this topic, I briefly discussed my
journey. I attended a four-week certification course on grant proposal
writing at my county's local Volunteer Center. (Course fee was $395.)
There are Volunteer Centers all across the U.S.

The Volunteer Centers own a copy of The Foundation Center's FC database. I
can access the database for free, any time, simply by going to my local
Volunteer Center.

To help you find the Volunteer Center in your area, I'm including below
the URL to my county's location. They are friendly and helpful. Yyou can
probably call them and ask them for the contact information for your
area's VC.

http://volunteercenter.org/

I'm happy to see the ongoing thread on Techwr-L regarding grant proposal
writing. In this economy, with the plunge of the stock market plus Bernard
Madoff's Ponzi scheme, a lot of funders have lost about 50% or more of
their portfolio's value. Consequently, they will be very particular as
they read grant proposals. However, as we all unleash the writing power of
technical communicators into the non-profit arena, deserving groups who
hire us will obtain the funding they desperately need to help people.

----
Jenise Cook
Independent Consultant
Instructional Design/Development | Technical Communication
http://www.RidgeViewMedia.com | info -at- ridgeviewmedia -dot- com
Cell: 714-423-1061

http://www.LinkedIn.com/in/jenisecook

http://www.doctohelp.com