Re: Interactive manuals

Subject: Re: Interactive manuals
From: jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 18:22:46 -0500

Peter,Â
I understand your concern, but it sounds to me as if Shannon will be documenting big, heavy, material things that'll break your foot if you handle them wrong. Think animated Ikea instructions on a massive scale. These things won't be updated every year, the way our wimpy bits, bytes and pixels are.Â

That said, my only relevant experience was with some limited experiments using interactive laser discs (yeah, golden discs about the size of a 78 RPM phonograph record). So, I'm way out of date.

Jim