RE: When to leave?

Subject: RE: When to leave?
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 13:44:41 -0500

I appreciate your work ethic.

I have tried to leave every employer in the best shape possible, even
the one employer who treated its employees rather badly. I failed in one
case, as something that happened after I left was attributed to me by
those who remained, but there's little I can do about that--I left that
employer as I would have wanted, even staying 3 hours late my last day
to make sure everything was buttoned down.

So, what I have learned is, apply the Golden Rule and move on. Do your
best and if it is not appreciated, well, there's little that can be
done.

If I were you, I would finish a current project if it is possible.
Otherwise, I create a roadmap to the project components for whoever will
be in charge of the leftovers and call it a day, week, month, and year.
Certainly, your employer has made a decision with regards to their
bottom line and the work you do, and I would not continue on past
January 2 unless some other arrangement for pay is in order.

Make sense?

Cheers,

Sean