Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?

Subject: Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 09:19:34 -0800

That just sounds to me like a roadmap to an exhaustion
collapse.

I would put my job/career borderline at the occupation
level, i.e., how attached am I to what I do and how big
a decision would it be for me to switch to a different
occupation. By that definition, I've had two "careers"
(engineer and writer/manager), except that the border
is kind of porous because even today I occaisionally
find myself running a test or redesigning a widget that
isn't working the way it's supposed to.

Gene Kim-Eng