Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?

Subject: Re: A dark take on Tech Writing...do you agree?
From: "CL T" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 11:08:26 -0700

Gene,

Those were some good words about this subject. I would not ever be satisfied
being "just a Tech Writer (or "Typer" as my daughter coins it). I've always
incorporated (or pulled in) as much Multimedia and Project Management as I
could handle into my job. Allows for more diversity, higher pay and greater
negotiating power...not to mention clout and experience.

I believe this piece was a great "real world" view...with a little pessimism
added. Possibly done with the hopes of weeding one or two readers out of the
Field who probably never belonged.

-Collin

http://www.doctohelp.com