RE: Dori Green and Job Search Group

Subject: RE: Dori Green and Job Search Group
From: Dori Green <dorigreen00 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 09:55:16 -0400

Great minds do travel on intersecting cosmic lines, Ladonna! I agree with George Noory that there is no such thing as coincidence; interesting that your post and mine would show up on the very same day! Thanks for thinking of me.

I will be posting occasionally here in techwr-l now that some computer issues are resolved, but most of my effort is going of course to the job search. I'm limited to one hour of computer use at the library but one of the advantages of living in a trailer court now is that sometimes I can surf on a neighbor's wireless signal so I can enjoy some frivolous computer use too.

Not that techwr-l is frivolous, of course! Whenever we lean into that direction we are firmly slapped back into line. <G>

Eric has kindly offered to set up a techwr-l corollary group, techwr-l-job-search -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- I will gladly facilitate that group with assistance from Eric if and when it's needed -- just so everybody knows that it isn't going to be a free-for-all, we'll be required to play nice or go elsewhere. If people using that job hunter's support group list find a need, I'll also volunteer to set up a Yahoo group for sharing documents, contacts, URLs, etc. in an organized way.

In general, I am still fuming to discover that one does not fully recover to total and full strength in the eight weeks of disability time allowed by the insurance and labor people for my type of surgery. They lied to me! Medical people now tell me that I need to be more patient with myself; yes I can certainly work but dammit Dori would you quit trying to haul topsoil bags and riding your bicycle to the next town to economize on gas? I still need to use the bumper car in the Wal-Mart superstore. I am not a fan of Wal-Mart, so this is not a huge problem. But I am very much hating confinement. Come to think of it, this is probably a sign of pending recovery!

I greatly appreciate all of the public and private words of encouragement and caring that I've received from friends on the list, and I do promise that I won't just disappear on you again.

With warm regards*,

Dori Green

(This is where "regards" came from -- one of the first literary shorthands, along with "Sincerely yours" into "Sincerely". Why it didn't end up as WWR I will never understand.)
When your life is on the go—take your life with you.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/115298558/direct/01/

http://www.doctohelp.com