Re: Useful certifications in Tech Writing

Subject: Re: Useful certifications in Tech Writing
From: "CL T" <straylightsghost -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:18:31 -0600

Michael,

I've had my A+ for a very, very long time. It's never been beneficial in the
TW field. Listening to the Tech buzz (TWiT, Security Now, etc.) the word is
it's useless unless you plan on joining Geek Squad or Dell Tech Support.

I would recommend something a bit more pertinent to the field. Adobe certs,
PM certs.

-Collin Turner
Tech Writer, Screencaster, Writer
www.collinturner.com