RE: Quality posters from PPT?

Subject: RE: Quality posters from PPT?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 09:38:57 -0400

The use of PowerPoint is simply because it's available.
Our engineers also use Ppt for flow-charts and high-level system
diagrams. Often, somebody just sits in a conference room with a laptop,
after a brainstorming or development meeting, transcribing diagrams from
a whiteboard into PowerPoint slides.
It works, it has easy access to all sorts of cute clip-art
representations of workstations, servers, clouds, generic representative
role persons, etc.
Most important, everybody has it, because everybody in the company (as
in most companies, I fear) has MS Office on their work computer.

As intended by Gates & Company, it's ubiquitous and it's "good enough"
for most people most of the time.

Often, I'll steal system diagrams and other stuff from the engineers for
the customer docs, either unchanged or just slightly sanitized.
Similarly, our Marketing droids use the same material in data sheets and
other sales and marketing collateral [materials]. (When _did_
collateral become a noun?)

We have a couple of arteeste types on staff, but the stuff that they
produce for Marketing is usually done way too late in the game for my
purposes, so I end up doing my own illustrations and photos... or doing
without.

- Kevin
or disclosing it.

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/