RE: "Good enough"

Subject: RE: "Good enough"
From: poshedly -at- bellsouth -dot- net
To: "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>, "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:18:29 +0000

Hear! Hear! Let's see . . . Bach of Science in Radio-TV News (in 1974, when there were NO new jobs in that field, like it's getting to be now), so started off as a newspaper reporter, then public relations rep (American Red Cross and later a major nationwide health care provider), then publications editor, a year or more as an advertising copywriter (yecchh!), some freelance stuff -- and LOTS of unemployment in between those job stints, before finally full-time tech writing in 1984.

One thing I found is that, in a way, "tech writing" was actually included _within_ each of those previous jobs to varying degrees.

Although I miss the news business, I LOVE tech writing far more. They used to say that the insult, "You're too nosy" to a reporter was actually a top compliment because of the almost insatiable curiosity about "things".

Same with tech writing -- continuous curiosity about how this or that works and how to tell everybody else all about it.

-- Ken in Atlanta

-------------- Original message from "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- M-S-G -dot- com>: --------------

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/