Re: How do you conduct live software training workshops properly

Subject: Re: How do you conduct live software training workshops properly
From: Ed <glassnet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Daniel Ng" <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 08:20:01 -0400

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 6:32 AM, Daniel Ng <kjng -at- gprotechnologies -dot- com> wrote:
> How do you do it, to keep the class in order and in pace?
> Or should I just use an exploratory method, give a training guide, and the
> role of a trainer is just to facilitate following the instructions on paper.

Break your 1-hour training time into thirds.

First third is for individual instruction and accomplishment.
Tell-Show-Do. Describe a goal, and show the tasks required to
accomplish goal. Allow much time for the learners to DO the tasks.
Move around in the class and answer questions.

Break.

Second third is for small group accomplishment. By now you know where
the small groups are located in the class. Set up groups of 3 or 4
individuals. Give each group a different goal (something to solve with
the software). Give each group a minute or two to describe their
solution.

Break

Last third is "where do we go from here?" This is when you describe
where learners can go for more information. There are a multitude of
business goals you can describe. You can interject more about
problem-solving. You could describe a much larger problem to solve.

--
Ed

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/