Re: Best tecnhical writing books?

Subject: Re: Best tecnhical writing books?
From: "Janet Swisher" <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Tiago Soares" <tiagosg -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:54:45 -0500

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Tiago Soares <tiagosg -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> I was a java developer. I'm just starting to work in computer area, writing
> software user guides etc. Some books were recommended to me and other I find
> by searching.
>
> So, as you said, is it a good start? Do you have any other recommendation
> for me?

Some books about the process of technical writing:

The Fine Art of Technical Writing, Carol Rosenblum Perry
http://www.amazon.com/Fine-Art-Technical-Writing/dp/093608524X/

Untechnical Writing: How to write about subjects and products so
anyone can understand, Michael Bremer
http://www.amazon.com/Untechnical-Writing-Technical-Subjects-Understand/dp/0966994906

Writing in general:

Style: Lessons in Clarity and Grace, Joseph Williams
http://www.amazon.com/Style-Lessons-Clarity-Grace-9th/dp/0321479351

> I´m improving my English too, because I'm not a native English speaker.

The more you read, the better you will write. So read as much as you
can in English. "Literature" is ideal, but newspapers, blogs, and
websites will all give you a sense of what is idiomatic in English
(assuming the writer is a native speaker!).

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.janetswisher.com

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/