Re: Is known-new the best cohesion lesson?

Subject: Re: Is known-new the best cohesion lesson?
From: Odile Sullivan-Tarazi <odile -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "Rob Hudson" <caveatrob -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 12:02:30 -0700

Moving from known to new information is only one technique for
cohesive writing. Writing that way, lock step, in each (or even a
majority) of sentences would give you very unnatural writing. You
should check out the Williams book. It's excellent. He presents all
manner of passages that we might describe in various ways in terms of
our *reactions* to them, but then he diagnoses the problem. He
really gives you the tools for analysis.

Odile

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/