Re: "physician indicative" - what?

Subject: Re: "physician indicative" - what?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 13:37:23 -0700

The lawyers at the liability trial won't.

There is no "slack" in medical writing. Flag the
passage is "unclear" and don't try to "translate"
anything without determining the exact, correct
meaning. Your emails to this list indicating that
you don't know what this sentence means are
now a permanent part of the online record, and
they *will* turn up somehow if you get it wrong
and the result goes badly for for some patient.
Go get the right answer from the people inside
the company who know for sure, and when
you've done that, post a message to that effect
here to close the cyberspace record loop.

Medical writing should always be done with the
thought that there is some lawyer looking over
your shoulder ready to destroy your career for
a contingency award if you get something wrong.
Because there is.

Gene Kim-Eng