Re: Introduction

Subject: Re: Introduction
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 14:00:54 -0700

The amount of industry or other specialized knowledge that
would need to be verified for a writer seeking credentials
as a writer in a technical field would be nowhere near what
would be needed for someone seeking to be licensed as an
engineer in that same field, and when you add the fact that
most of the engineers in that field aren't licensed either, a
PE license would be an utter waste of time for a technical
writer. All I'm saying is that a "certification" with that kind
of specialization is the only type that would hold any sway
with me when evaluating a candidate, because a lesser one
would tell me nothing that I couldn't get myself by verifying
a candidate's past OTJ experience. It might be of some
help when evaluating entry level applicants, but I don't hire
entry level writers.

Gene Kim-Eng