Re: Agile working with offsite teams

Subject: Re: Agile working with offsite teams
From: quills -at- airmail -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 16:42:39 -0500

Agile with off-site teams speaking different languages is an oxymoron
in concepts.

Agile REQUIRES good communication and unity to function successfully.
Of course it also requires an understanding of the process by ALL
parties.

If everyone doesn't really understand the Agile process it soon
devolves back to a waterfall development, though with smaller
increments and goals that are manageable, more or less.

If you take a team that is already not able, for whatever reason, to
communicate well with each other, and is not dedicated to
transmitting the information to each other, and include all concerned
parties, and you include language comprehension problems..., well,
let me just wish you luck.

The burden of information gathering will still reside with you. You
will have to keep asking them what it means, and if they have any
changes.

Scott

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/