Resume Advice

Subject: Resume Advice
From: Evelyn Lee Barney <evbarney -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 12:19:05 -0400

I hope this is reasonably on-topic.

I have a soft money job - which I happen to love. There is a chance of
making it more permanent - and with significantly more money. The
challenge is to help the people I work directly with to convince their
colleges - who have seen my work but don't really know me.

While I do some straight tech writing for these people, they refer to me
as their "web developer" - which has meant more hours that I can tell
you hacking my way though projects that I really didn't have the skills
for when I began. Thankfully I work mostly form home so I get to cuss,
kick and start over as often as I need without anyone the wiser. I've
become a quick learner.

Now, to the question: I have to update my resume. No decision will be
made until December, but the resume goes in next week. Between now and
December, I will have added improved skill with digital photography, and
familiarity - if not proficiency, with Drupal, Java, and 3D computer
modeling to my list of skills. Is there a way to gracefully express that
on the resume? The Drupal is most important, since some of the people
involved in the choice are committed to that CMS.

Any advice will be welcome!

Ev

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/