Does anyone recognize this?

Subject: Does anyone recognize this?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 08:43:32 -0700 (PDT)

I am seeing something odd in one of my documents. As far as I can tell it isn't causing any problems, but I don't know what's going on and as long as I don't understand it, I have to wonder if there is potential for trouble.

One of my 1st-level headings is outline numbered and in the body of the doc it appears like this:

3.0 Section Heading

In the Document Map, it should appear the same way. But it appears like this:

3.0[k2] Section Heading

What the heck is that [k2] thing? It appears ONLY in the document map; it does not appear in the body of the doc either as regular text or as hidden text. There is no hidden text in that heading, no index marker, no footnote marker, no bookmark - there isn't a bookmark, footnote, or index in the entire document. I did not deliberately put any kind of marker in that heading and I don't know how long it's been there. I just noticed it today.

That mark was not in the numbering specs of the heading style. I changed the numbering specs so the heading is now numbered just 3 instead of 3.0, and the mark remained in the document map.

When I changed the style of that heading to "normal" the mark disappeared from the document map. When I changed the line back to a 1st-level heading, it reappeared.

I created a new 1st-level heading one line down, and the mark did not appear on that new heading. I then deleted the original heading, so the new heading moved up to take its place. When I did that, the mark appeared in the document map next to the new heading.

If I use any heading level, all the way down to level 8, the mark remains in the document map. If I change the style of that line to any style other than a TOC-use heading, the mark disappears. It appears if I use any style that is part of the heading structure. But it appears only on that particular heading, on that line.

I'm out of ideas. Anyone else have any?

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/