Re: An organizational conundrum

Subject: Re: An organizational conundrum
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 06:50:52 -0700

You can place the common chapters in a controlled
location and sync them to local working folders using
a versioning program such as CVS. Your biger
problem is that Word is not sufficiently robust for
multiple people to reliably assemble large documents
this way. I've been able to make schemes like this
work acceptably with Word when working alone, but
it requires following a rigidly consistent process that
usually falls apart the moment a second set of hands
starts working on it.

Gene Kim-Eng