RE: Coworker who won't take no for an answer

Subject: RE: Coworker who won't take no for an answer
From: "Nicola Harlow" <N -dot- Harlow -at- seamsltd -dot- com>
To: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:20:22 +0100

I once had a similar problem, a much older co-worker who PROPOSED
MARRIAGE to me on the second day of my first Technical Author job, then
saw fit to make references to my weight (which was considerable, I have
to admit). Very inappropriate.

I sent him a VERY blunt email telling him if he didn't get lost* I would
complain to management. This was now a couple of weeks into the job.

He didn't talk to me for two years.

No big loss. I wish I had kept a copy of that email! (And I should
have...)

Nicola

*Or words to that effect