Re: Coworker who won't take no for an answer

Subject: Re: Coworker who won't take no for an answer
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:28:44 -0700

Yes, it is, but as we have seen from some of the posts
to this thread, not everybody realizes this or is able to
muster up the confidence to do it on their own. If your
manager knows what the hell he/she is doing, then
consulting on a situation like this early on should result
in a "have you told this person clearly that you want
these conversations to end?" some moral support in
summoning up the nerve to do it and some idea of
what the next step will be if it doesn't work, rather than
spending some period of days, weeks or months
becoming more and more frustrated and uncomfortable
in your workplace.

Gene Kim-Eng