RE: Information gathering.....

Subject: RE: Information gathering.....
From: "Al Geist" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "'Lin Sims'" <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 07:43:15 -0400

The first thing I did was to generate an email to the engineering managers
and engineers who would be affected by the video idea and ask for their
input...pros/cons and any thing else they could think of. Only two have been
positive about the video taping. One is an engineer who would not be
affected and the other helped write the old manuals (in two weeks) that were
so bad nobody (especially Field Service and training) is able to use them.
The remaining individuals are 100% against the idea because it would
increase their already unbelievable workload.

Al Geist
Technical Communicator, Help, Web Design, Video, Photography
Office/Msg: 802-872-9190
Cell: 802-578-3964
Website: www.geistassociates.com
See Also:
Fine Art Photography
Website: www.geistimages.com

"...I walked to work, quit my job, and kept walking. Better to be a pilgrim
without a destination, I figured, than to cross the wrong threshold each
day." (Sy Safransky)

Lin Sims wrote:

Just out of curiosity, has anyone asked the engineers, and their
managers, what they think about this idea?

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/