RE: Review meetings vs. distributing copies

Subject: RE: Review meetings vs. distributing copies
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- granatedit -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 01:25:46 -0400

That's why it's a very big joke if the SMEs' job descriptions don't have as
one of their duties (for which they will be evaluated) to closely work with
the technical writers. Not requiring it of the person in that job is lunacy.
It's a business! It's not optional to contribute or not contribute to
product quality and accuracy.

What is this craziness that holds that SMEs can pick and choose what aspects
of the product they will work on? Of course, the answer is that the
craziness lies at the top of the company and probably all the way down. But
it's sheer lunacy. Every once in a while this list has a question about this
and I am incredulous each and every time it comes up. How can any of you
work for a company that is so... so.... <I've run out of words that are fit
to use ...>?

Bonnie Granat
http://www.GranatEdit.com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList