Documentation Management System - again

Subject: Documentation Management System - again
From: SB <sylvia -dot- braunstein -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:17:39 +0300

All,

We are about to make the transition from MS Word 2003 to AuthorIT.

Among all the transition considerations, we are also looking into a free or
cheap Documentation Management System for our documentation (and to work
with AuthorIT, if possible).

We need both a documentation-oriented system that will allow us to maintain
our documents inventory in addition to the file management.

By Inventory, I mean, a comprehensive list of all the documents, various
part numbers and references, number of pages, the amount of work that was
performed on each document so that we can give the management a
report. (Will AuthorIT address the inventory part?)

Any advice?

(Note: I also attempted to post this on the AuthorIT-users forum)

Thanks in advance.

Sylvia

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList