Re: Converting your shop to DITA - pain and pleasure

Subject: Re: Converting your shop to DITA - pain and pleasure
From: tom -dot- kohn -at- kodak -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 09:53:58 -0400

I'm also interested in this topic, as we plan to convert from unstructured
Frame to DITA over the next year....or two. Our first step is to convert
active books into topic-based "information sets" and to start new projects
as topic-based activity.

Thomas G (Tom) Kohn | Technical Editor | GCG WW Versamark Engineering
Services |
Eastman Kodak Company | 3000 Research Blvd | Dayton, OH 45420-4003 |
tom -dot- kohn -at- kodak -dot- com | +01 937-259-3210 Office | +01 937-271-1484 Mobile |
+01 937-259-3784 Fax |
www.graphics.kodak.com

------------------------------

Message: 11
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:54:55 -0500
From: "Guy McDonald" <GMcDonald -at- lgc -dot- com>
Subject: Converting your shop to DITA - pain and pleasure

Reposted because I wouldn't be interested in a subject line of "Eclipse
Help" either. Perhaps this will get a better response.

Guy
----------

If you use DITA, I'd like to hear from you too. Specifically,

1. What benefits (to doc process and your clients) motivated you to
endure the pain of legacy conversion?

2. What tool set did you choose?

3. Did you have to overcome any resistance by others? If so, what
arguments did you make to convince them to make the change?

4. Does bulk conversion really work yet (e.g. batch conversion of RH
output to Mediawiki), or is it wise to contract the work out?

Thanks,

Guy

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList