Massive Word Doc changes - What would you do?

Subject: Massive Word Doc changes - What would you do?
From: Emoto <emoto1 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:51:18 -0400

Massive Word Doc changes - What would you do?

Besides quit or kill myself.

I have several hundred Word docs that need certain text strings
replaced. They also need a graphic on the front page and in the
footers replaced.

My predecessor used lots of section breaks in the docs (for no good
reason) so I cannot just change one footer to fix everything. I can
sub out all section breaks, then paste in a footer with what I need,
but I have to be in the file to do it, as far as I know.

Anyone have a good multi-file find and replace that can be used on
everything at once?

I have a good one for text in HTML (RoboHelp), so I could use the Word
batch converter to turn all of my Word docs into HTML and use that for
the text strings, but the graphics in the footers and the front page
baffle me, as far as doing something about them externally.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList