Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit; STC position?

Subject: Re: Tech Writer Lawsuit; STC position?
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 02:22:49 -0700

Leonard C. Porrello wrote:
>> Ned said, "... I despise unions is that I want no one making decisions
> for me out of 'my best interest'. The only entity that truly has my best
> interests in mind is me."

Why, thanks Leo. I haven't had time to post much lately, but it is good
to hear that my best interests reside somewhere, even if I can't believe
its true. The rats and the rust race farther ahead every time I stop for
sleep, so they're doubtless going to get to my best interests ahead of
me anyway.

The only union I ever talked to about work decided I was overeducated,
which in retrospect probably meant that they didn't want to waste an
apprenticeship on me when I had other options and probably wouldn't make
a career of working with them, Funny how things work out, with me being
a career W-2 contractor, leaving one job and taking another, year in,
year out. I wonder, did the unions do this to me?

I look forward to retiring to my shipping container without union
pensions or confederate savings. I'm gonna wind electric motors and
forget what I've learned about everything else. I'd suggest everyone do
the same or similar planning, but I don't really know if anyone else
ever had those urges, or any urges at all past writing, that needed
satisfying in this lifetime.

This should be a new topic, if anyone feels the need to talk about it more.

Ned Bedinger
doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList