New school

Subject: New school
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 09:05:34 -0700 (PDT)

In a slightly different direction: They have web cams
now. Various companies (mostly security) are working
on software for facial recognition. One of these days
you'll have to write manuals that include instructions
on how to make the computer do things depending on how
you look at it, or how to control a PC with sign
language. They would include lines like, "To shut down
the computer, make a rude gesture at it."

I think a lot of people already believe that one. And
there are some versions of Microsoft that shut down if
you give them an ugly look.

Actually, it just struck me that sign language control
may not be all that ludicrous. It would be useful for
blind people. A web cam and the right software, and
there you go.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/klhra%40yahoo.com