RE: What computer, what software for a lab? (take II)

Subject: RE: What computer, what software for a lab? (take II)
From: "Sam Beard" <sbeard -at- oico -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 11:25:08 -0500

Geoff,

Yeah, I have heard of CrossOvers, as well, but I don't recall much
about it. It only sounds vaguely familiar. It very well could be what
I'm talking about, but I don't really remember exactly where I heard it,
so I can't say for sure.

I'm planning on getting either VMWare's Fusion or Parallels Desktop
for my Mac at some point (or something else that may come out, if it's
better). I'm also looking at getting a personal copy of Frame at some
point, and I'll probably run it under one of those two apps. My wife
uses a PC, but there are a couple of problems with putting Frame on
that: it's hers and I'm more comfortable with my Mac, and it would
preclude her being able to do her own things on her computer while I'm
doing anything with Frame on it. Since Mac's now have Intel chips and
the capability to run Windows, I'll probably do that. I'll also probably
get another hard drive and use it exclusively for Windows, along with
another drive for my photos and music.

Thanks for the info!

Samuel I. Beard, Jr.
Technical Writer