RE: MS Word Text Form Fields

Subject: RE: MS Word Text Form Fields
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: <chrismorton11 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 15:53:06 -0700

> From: Chris Morton

> Training everyone to use the LOCK/UNLOCK command would be too
> much, I'm
> afraid. These are state employees (!) who never even knew MS
> Paint ships
> with Windows, know nothing of even semi-advanced features
> offered throughout
> Windows/MS Office, etc.

Daaaaaang! Did you just say that state employees were not smart enough to
learn how to click a toolbar button to lock and unlock a form? What state?

I've worked with some rather intelligent CA state employees who had no
problem learning how to use advanced features and would certainly have no
problem learning how to click a button. Remember, *you* were the one with
the form and you did not know how to activate form fields so that the
document you controlled could be used as a form.

My experience is that if somebody is smart enough to ask how to do
something, then they are smart enough to be told how to do the thing. If
there is only one person who wants to tab through fields, then show that
person the lock button on the toolbar. You don't have to withhold
information because you think people won't know how to use it. You didn't
know how to use the simple feature yourself.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList