RE: Demo camera

Subject: RE: Demo camera
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Nancy Allison" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 12:46:59 -0400

On Behalf Of John Posada opined:

> You aren't going to be happy with the results. Youy may not realize
it,
> but
> your eyes, once focused on a target. continue to adjust as your head
> moves.
> It makes the view seem stationary. If you wear a camera close to your
> eyes,
> it's going to be attached to your head, maybe through a headband or
> headpiece and it will jerk around as your head moves.. .

This is true, but easily fixed, if you have some stiff wire, or can
include a pair of glasses in your camera mount. You make a ring-sight
that will hang in front of one eye. It gets bent, twisted, or otherwise
adjusted so that what you see through the frame of the sight (could be
just a one-inch circle of wire clothes-hanger) coincides with what the
camera sees. The "sighting in" will go much faster if you have somebody
who can watch the camera's display/viewfinder while you bend and twist
the sight until your assistant reports that what's in the viewfinder is
what you see through the ring-sight.
By having the ring-sight out in front of your eye, you see the effect of
your head motions, and learn to damp them and to anticipate movement.

OR!!!

If you are really handy with electronics (or know somebody...), you can
do the other thing that we used to do back in my skydiving days. You
remove the electronic video view-finder from your camera, create an
extension harness between the camera and the now-detached eyepiece, and
mount the eyepiece in front of your eye. Now, what the camera sees, you
see, and you can quickly become accustomed to keeping your head motions
smooth and keeping the subject centered in the viewer.

Do that only with an expendable camera, or if you are getting really
serious about this hobby. :-)
or disclosing it.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList