RE: Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)

Subject: RE: Laptop Question (off topic? I don't know)
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 11:44:00 -0400

Vista is slower. Your administrator access is not complete and there are
things you cannot administer on your VISTA computer without jumping
through some hoops to user permissions. There's an annoying feature
that, every time you try to do something, makes the screen go black then
prompts you to approve or disapprove a security decision that you may or
may not understand (this feature gets as old as FrameMaker's warning
that your undo history will be lost ....). And, VISTA has support for
fewer drivers ... Awww heck, I'm not a Mac guy, I don't play one on TV,
and I haven't owned one in 15 years, but watch the Apple adverts,
they're spot on.

My recommendation: if you must buy new, get VISTA ultimate, because at
some point, Windows XP is going away. However, don't ever upgrade your
current computers to the VISTA OS.

Cheers.