Re: My Apologies!

Subject: Re: My Apologies!
From: Pirjo Tinat <ptinat -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 01:32:38 -0700 (PDT)

In the new Yahoo! Mail, when you are composing a message, you have a "Rich Text" or "Plain Text" link next to the subject line.

If you see Rich Text, that means you are currently in Plain Text view. If you click the link, you will get an editing toolbar with all the font style and color settings.

So in order to write in plain text, make sure you do not see any B, I, U and other buttons on top of your editing pane.

My problem was: Yahoo seems to get rid of my line breaks, so when I press Enter twice or even three times after each paragraph, when the message is sent, there is no space between the paras.

My roundabout: click the "Rich Text" link, then click "Plain Text" to return to plain text view. (You'll have to click OK to the message "This will change your message into plain text. All formatting will be lost. Continue?") Now you can see which line breaks are missing and you can add another line break.

I realized this roundabout while composing this very message, so here's another good reason to participate in discussions :-)

-Pirjo