Re: Demo camera

Subject: Re: Demo camera
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: John Posada <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2008 14:33:11 -0500 (CDT)

John said:

"If you wear a camera close to your eyes, it's going to be attached to your head, maybe through a headband or headpiece and it will jerk around as your head moves.. ."

Yes -- I thought of that. It would really have to be just a few shots now and then interspersed with steadier results. Otherwise, anyone watching would soon get seasick.

You know what drove me nuts the few times I tried to watch? "Rock" concerts on TV. Some dumb bunny must have read research on eye movements and had the bright idea of switching camera to camera every 1.5 seconds or so (have you seen those concerts?) You know, for l.5 seconds you're looking at James Taylor's teeth, then for 1.5 seconds you're looking at the lights above the stage, then you're looking at the audience, then you're looking at the drummer's hair --

Well, sure, our eyes probably change focus that quickly, but as John points out, they're always normalizing what we see. People at a concert aren't constantly jerking their heads around to stare first at something overhead, then at the performer's mouth, then at the stage lights, then at the red Exit lights behind them.

Yep, well, I'm curious about the camera -- also I like the hands-free idea. But clearly, to have a usable result, I'll need to do lots of other photography the "traditional" way.

Thanks, everyone!

--Nancy

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList