RE: Repeat the verb?

Subject: RE: Repeat the verb?
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Nancy Allison'" <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 18:49:37 -0700

Nancy,

Neither sentence is clear enough for me because I can see multiple
interpretations for each sentence. Lose the comma because it tends to
create a new thought that probably shouldn't be there.

I would want to write the sentence as follows.

The bank should have clear standards for the collection and modification of
all elements and the standards should combine these elements in a manner
that most effectively enables it to quantify its exposure to operational
risk.

- or -

The bank should have clear standards for the collection and modification of
all elements that combine these elements in a manner that most effectively
enables it to quantify its exposure to operational risk.

Lauren