Re: Writing Corrective Actions for customers?

Subject: Re: Writing Corrective Actions for customers?
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:00:34 -0700 (PDT)

Actually, it's a pretty good analogy for the situation
as I perceived it at first. Since Ms. Hemstreet posted
her expanded explanation of the matter, it's obvious
that she is setting up a communication process for
others to use. That is a perfectly logical job for a
tech writer.

However, from the first post that started this thread,
I got the impression that she was being asked to do
something *instead of* the tech support people, which
is a different kettle of fish. With the information
that was available at the time, it seemed possible
that she was being stuck with performing a function
that should have been someone else's responsibility.
The fact that I was wrong about her situation makes me
happy.

There is a difference between given a chance to do
something new, and having someone else's job dumped on
you. It is clear now that the former is the case, but
it was not so clear at first.

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/klhra%40yahoo.com

> To subscribe, send a blank email to
>
> Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-
> Visit
> http://www.techwr-l.com/ for more resources and
> info.

Be a better friend, newshound, and